The Discipleship Training School (DTS) is the
initial training required to be a part of Youth With A Mission on a full-time
basis and also the requirement if wanting to complete any Second Level schools
such as the School of Frontier Missions (SOFM). All Youth With A Mission schools
are part of the University of the Nations and are credited courses.
YWAM DTS: Course Description
The DTS is a 5 month school (3 months classroom and 2 months outreach) designed to encourage students in personal character development, cultivating a living relationship with God and identifying their unique individual gifts and callings in God. Cross-cultural exposure and global awareness are special emphases throughout the course, preparing students to reach current and future generations and answer the call “to go into all the world and disciple all nations.” Matthew.28:19
Purpose and Outcomes of DTS:
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God's heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one's relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God's Character, the Cross and
- To SHARPEN one's ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God's purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
The DTS aims to graduate students:
- with a growing understanding of the breadth and depth of God’s character and ways.
- who are becoming more like Jesus in the way they relate to God and people who increasingly cooperate with the empowering presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- who listen to and obey God as a result of God’s enabling Grace.
- who search the Scripture in such a way that transforms beliefs, values and behaviors.
- with strengthened lifestyles of worship, intercession and spiritual warfare.
- with a greater ability to work with others, especially those different to themselves.
- who can share the Gospel with the lost and have a life long commitment to do so with a commitment to continue to be involved in some way with God’s work among the nations, including unreached people, the poor and needy in the spheres of society.
- who understand the calling and values of YWAM and are aware of a variety of opportunities available to them throughout YWAM.
- with a clearer understanding of God’s purpose and direction for their life.
- Who either:
- go on to serve God in a context familiar or foreign to them.
- or pursue further training (in or outside of YWAM) to equip them for further service.
The next DTS will be:
January to June 2014
DTS Costs, Lecture Phase:
Category A: US $3,500 (Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA,
Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago)
Category B: US $1,750 (Brazil, Russia, St. Lucia, Dominica, Dominican
Republic, Belize, Jamaica, Grenada, St. Vincent)
Category C: US $1,350 (Haiti, Guyana, Guatemala, Bolivia, China, Paraguay,
To get the full list of countries and their categories
visit the University of the Nations
DTS Costs, Outreach Phase:
All Students will need US $1,500 - US $5,000 depending on outreach location. Contact us for further details.
Deadline for Application:
To download forms to apply for the DTS, right click
Here and select "Save Link As"
Click to go back Home